Friday, February 13, 2015

Air battle: Drone vs. Hawk




This blog is not a commercialized, nor does it utilize AdSense.

From Christopher Schmidt YouTube channel

Hawk vs. Drone! (Hawk Attacks Quadcopter) 

On Oct 8th, I was flying my quadcopter at Magazine Beach Park in Cambridge, MA when a hawk decided he wasn't too happy with my invasion of his airspace...

As far as I could tell, the juvenile red-tailed hawk came out unscathed, and having defeated his prey, was happy to retreat. (As soon as he flew at me, I throttled down the props to try to minimize any harm to the bird.) The quadcopter came out unscathed as well. Funds generated through YouTube ads will be donated to the Massachusetts Audubon Society.

Commercial use of this video is managed by Newsflare. To use this video for broadcast or in a commercial player please email newsdesk@newsflare.com or call +44(0)8432895191 . For any other usage or questions, please contact crschmidt@crschmidt.net.


**************************************************

There are drones over the United States. I actually saw one while hiking late last year. It flew above and over me in the fog at about fifty feet. I suspect that it was a privately owned drone. Some person of means who was having fun in their living room perhaps. I couldn't see it clearly in the thick fog, but it looked like a small box, maybe slightly bigger than a softball, with some attachment parts, moving at about twenty mph. I guess the intrusion was a little bit too much for this hawk to take.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment