Tuesday, September 24, 2013

'Willow's Song' (from 'The Wicker Man')



The description from the Roddy Melville YouTube channel:

Despite being loved by soundtrack fans, the music from "The Wicker Man" didn't receive a proper release until 2002 (discounting the 1995 C.D on Trunk which merely recorded music direct from the film). The 2002 release (on Silva Screen records) contains different versions of the songs & music from the film. These versions were recorded at the time for an intended soundtrack l.p, which never saw the light of day due to the film's troubled release history. Music is by Paul Giovanni.

'Willow's Song' (Wikipedia) 

Heigh ho! Who is there?
No one but me, my dear.
Please come say, how do?
The things I'll give to you.
A stroke as gentle as a feather
I'll catch a rainbow from the sky
and tie the ends together.
Heigh ho! I am here.
Am I not young and fair?
Please come say, how do?
The things I'll show to you.
Would you have a wond'rous sight?
The midday sun at midnight.
Fair maid, white and red,
Comb you smooth and stroke your head.
How a maid can milk a bull!
And every stroke a bucketful

.

No comments:

Post a Comment