Thursday, May 14, 2015

Everyday windows to the past II




Maybe this is going a little off topic, but this 1964 hit by Gale Garnett--entitled 'We'll Sing in the Sunshine'--really reminds me of part of a summer vacation that I spent with cousins in Wisconsin when I was ten. They lived right on a muddy lake, and I can still smell that particular mud scent. It was okay once you got out aways. It was hot every day. Also, the old photographs in this video remind me of certain places and how they were in the past. They really work with this song. 

Another song that comes to mind is 'Holiday Road' by Lindsay Buckingham, which really reminds me of the feel of family vacations in the American west (song and movie). I never would have thought that the guy was actually from the UK. This song is from the 1983 comedy 'National Lampoon's Vacation' with Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo. That's such a popular movie, as it's on TV all the time.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment